Yangshuo Rock includes
- More than 2000 full color photographs and 12 detailed maps with helpful locator photos and hotspots.
- 43 crags with 800 routes organized geographically into 10 areas.
- Complete weather and crag data allows you to get the most out of your time in Yangshuo.
- Travel information straight from the locals who live in Yangshuo.
- General information about 5 other regional climbing locations including Getu and LiMing.
- Chinese history and cultural introductions like folklore and ancestry as well as personal stories from many local climbers.
- Over 30 pages of text portraying the short yet vivid history of how rock climbing began and thrived in China, especially Yangshuo.
Yangshuo Rock Climbing
Yangshuo is the most popular international rock climbing destination within China. The local karst topography offers a lifetime of crags unique in rock formations, atmosphere, and scenery. Potential development is limitless and only bound by imagination.
Exciting Climbing Atmosphere
From the center of town, a 15-minute bike ride through lush green breath-taking scenery will have your body warmed-up and your mind relaxed to tackle the days’ project. Be here now and feel the psych emanating from the community of travelers at your side.
Something For Everyone
The limestone rock of Yangshuo caters to everyone’s preferred climbing style from grade 5.5/4 to 5.14d/9a. There is steep pumpy terrain, technical edgy face climbs, and 3D body torqueing routes.
Yangshuo is the largest climbing destination in Asia. It has been repeatedly featured in climbing films as well as magazines and continues to attract professional climbers from around the globe.
Could be the next place you call home
Yangshuo’s charm is derived from its location and culture of the local people. The town is nestled on the banks of the meandering Li River and surrounded almost entirely by abrupt karst towers. Cultural history dates to almost 2000 years ago and has since grown into an endearing domestic escape from the bustle of everyday city life.
This eccentric mix of ancient culture, scenery, and upbeat metropolitan tourists has allowed Yangshuo to host an array of amenities rivaled by few and far between. Rock climbing, the engaging nightlife, and glimpses of an old lifestyle, create an experience unlike anywhere else in the world.